Judy April shared this HIT-firendly and refreshing recipe just in time for the final days of summer.
- 3 cups watermelon, cubed
- 1-1/2 cups cucumber, peeled and cubed
- 1-1/2 cup red onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup red onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons apple juice
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Salt to taste (approx 1/4 teaspoon)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried dill or 2 tablespoons fresh dill
Gently toss watermelon, cucumber and onion in a large bowl. Set aside. Combine oil, fruit juice, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Pour over watermelon mixture and toss to mix. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours. Sprinkle with dill and serve.
- If red onions are too strong for you, add 1/4 cup of minced chives instead.
- Instead of dill, try minced fresh basil
© Judy April